2020 Rental Renewals
Building & Housing Home Page
Building Info, Permits & Forms
Housing Counseling Agencies
Resources for Home Repair Funding
Online Permit Inquiry (2018 and prior years)
2020 Rental Renewals
Nuisance Abatement & High Grass
Useful Links & Resources
Staff Directory/Contact Info
November 30, 2019
RE: 2020 Application for Rental Certificate of Occupancy
To Whom It May Concern,
The current certificate of occupancy for all rental properties will expire at end of this year. Please go to our online portal (https://www.citizenserve.com/southeuclid) to review and renew your existing license by January 6, 2020. If you do not wish to renew your application online, you must complete a new paper registration. Paper registrations can be obtained on our website, cityofsoutheuclid.com, in person at City Hall, or mailed/emailed upon request.
Before submitting your application and fees, please ensure:
- Owner’s, local agent/management’s (required when the owner resides outside of Greater Cleveland and is considered equally responsible as the owner), and tenant information is correct and current.
- Property taxes are current or on a documented payment plan (Any properties registered with delinquent taxes could have their occupancy revoked and any paid fees forfeit).
- You have reviewed the Landlord Fact Sheet pertaining to source of income protection.
- All required fields are complete. Paper registration forms will be returned if submitted incomplete/unsigned.
Fees are as follows:
- Single unit/condo – $200
- Multi-family – $200 for first unit, $150 for each additional (capped at $3000 total).
- Units currently between tenants or vacant with the intent to rent should still be registered for the year.
- Properties currently vacant with the intent to sell are required to be registered as vacant, and will require a building inspection before sale.
If received after the deadline, we will impose a one hundred dollar ($100.00) penalty per unit. Online payment is credit card only (Visa/MasterCard) with an additional service charge. Checks can be mailed in, payable to “City of South Euclid” and should include the property address and/or license number. Cash is also accepted in person.
Sally Martin, Housing Director
City of South Euclid
1349 South Green Road
South Euclid, Ohio 44121
The owner, agent or operator of any structure or premises shall have the right to appeal from any order of, or written notice issued by, the building commissioner within (30) days from the date such notice was given, and to appear before the board at a time and place fixed by the board, to show cause why he should not comply with such notice. Such appeal must be in writing. (1411.07)