Leaf Pick-Up Information
2018 Leaf Pick-up
The South Euclid Service Department will begin leaf pick-up the second week of October and continue through December 15, 2018, weather permitting! The Service Department will not pick-up leaves by vacuum in the spring, please use brown yard waste bags.
- Please put leaves loose on tree lawn it is illegal and a safety hazard to place leaves in street (see ordinance 521.04 G). Leaf piles in the street block the normal drainage flow of water and completely block the storm sewer. With evening temperatures getting colder, there is a danger of standing water to freeze. Leaf piles in the street also obstruct traffic flow, cause accidents and entice young children to play in them.
- When leaf pick-up is in your area please avoid parking on the street. Leaf crews will not rake around parked cars; it will block traffic and also slow crews down considerably causing delays.
- Please do not put sticks or any other debris in leaf pile. This will block or damage machines. Leaf piles with sticks or debris will be left until leaves are properly placed on tree lawn.
- Beginning the first full week of November, the Service Department will provide a message as to what area we will be picking up leaves the following day. Please call 216-381-0402 after 4:30 pm daily to hear message.
- The South Euclid Service Department asks for the full cooperation and consideration of all residents this fall season. Your neighbors, their children, motorists and the Service Department certainly appreciate your efforts.